Gooooood morning, P360’ers. Hope you all had a fun or relaxing weekend, whichever route you decided to take. I know I say this every week, but we have a lot of exciting things in the work that I want to make sure you’re all aware of, so let’s jump right into it.
Lean & Mean Meal Plan
We received some great feedback from you guys on how to make the meal plans better on the website and the changes have been implemented. We are going to do our best to now have this page ready to go for you by Sunday for the upcoming week so that you can do all of your shopping and cooking on Sunday night.
If you wish to add the meal plan to your training package just let us know and we can take care of it. It’s just $9 to add to any membership.
We are going to try and tentatively plan out our social events a few months in advance, and now that we have a few months under our belt we are going to be including a wider variety of events that you guys can attend.
Here’s what we are thinking for the remainder of 2011, dates TBD.
- October 15th – Mud Run & Happy Hour (more on this below)
- November – Party Bus Wine Tour & Group Hike (two separate events)
- December – Paintball
By all means, any ideas will be considered.
Mud Run: 10/15
The Mud Run is coming up and if you have registered for the P360 team then you’ve been updated on the Mud Run Chain. However, I want to make sure that everyone knows that regardless of whether or not you’re running it with us we’re all invited to happy hour in PB afterwards. We’ll be meeting somewhere (TBD) around 4 pm once the team is back and showered up, so plan on having some drinks with everyone Saturday the 15th should you feel so inclined.
Here’s the schedule for that day.
- 8 – 9 am: Mud Runners meet at gym, get dressed and enjoy breakfast on P360
- 11 – 1 pm: Mud Run & Festivities
- 2 pm: Arrive back in PB, go home, shower up, etc.
- 4 pm: Everyone meet at TBD bar in PB/Mission
And not that we need to remind you, but remember, we have judgment-free ownership at Performance360 because well…don’t throw stones if you live in a glass house.
Also, it is not too late to sign-up for the Mud Run team!!
Member Shout Outs
Once again we had an awesome week of accomplishments and that board is starting to fill up on the regular!
We have had a lot of questions about the new classes, how they are going to be run, times of day, etc and while we by no means have this plan written in stone, here is what you can most likely expect starting the beginning of October for the new stuff.
- Power Hour – this is going to be a strength-focused class where we are going to concentrate on Olympic-style lifts like cleans, deadlifts, squats and presses. If you have a strength goal of any kind, I would recommend this. We’ll be getting much more technical with the finer points on mechanics and specific goals. Tentative frequency and time: 2x/week, 6:15 or 7 pm
- Black Ops – this will be a very advanced class that runs a little longer and has challenging circuits. It will be dark outside, dim inside the gym and will be a cool vibe. Expect to be tired after you leave this class. Tentative frequency and time: 1x/week, 7 pm
- Core Blast – the focus of this will be entirely on core development. Before you go thinking that the class is going to be all sit-ups and planks, we remind you that core work is more than just abdominals. So while it’s going to be core-focused, expect to still use weights, kettlebells and everything else.
Like we said with the classes, these are in addition to the current schedule we already offer so the programming of boot camps and Daily Challenge classes will not change. This is to provide those of you who want specific focus with a little bit more dynamic offering.
You shall be tarred, feathered and made to do mile long kettlebell carries for registering and not showing up for class.
Here is this week’s schedule for Daily Challenge classes.
And last but not least, this week’s Trivia Question of “how many bushels of corn were produced in Iowa in 2007” is…...Laura Stomber! She guessed 19 billion and was closest to the answer of 2.5 billion bushels. DAS a lotta corn.
Let us know what questions, comments and ideas you guys have.