What a WEEKEND! Things could not have possibly gone any better at P360 as we were fortunate enough to have so many of you show up for our Grand Opening. Then, when we thought the good times were over we see three of our members go out and CRUSH the Rock & Roll Marathon on Sunday.
We also have some really important announcements regarding class times starting next week, so please be sure to read those if nothing else.
Next week the Mission Bay Sportcenter launches it’s Summer Kid’s Camp that goes from 9 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday. To be frank, it’s going to be busy as hell around here during those hours which is perfectly fine for classes since they run before and after. However, for those groups and classes that meet during the day we will be figuring out a solution for you. More than likely, we are going to the following schedule but we will be in touch as soon as we can figure it all out…just a heads up.
- 6:30 am – Daily Challenge Class
- 7:30 am – Daily Challenge Class
- 7:30 am – Boot Camp
- 5:45 pm – Daily Challenge Class (at least a few times per week)
- 6:30 pm – Daily Challenge Class
- 7:15 pm – Daily Challenge Class
The Kid’s Camp will have no ill effect on parking for morning and evening classes. We’ll be as proactive as we can be to accommodate everyone who currently trains during other hours.
P360 for Best Exercise Studio!
We can’t possibly thank you guys enough for nominating us as San Diego’s Best Alternative Exercise Studio. We are seriously so grateful and appreciative that you guys took the time out of your days to cast votes.
Now that we are actually in the final ballots, we need you to keep helping us bring home the bacon! If you can please take a minute to create a quick account and then vote daily until voting closes, we will figure out a way to reward everyone for a big bash on our dime.
P360 in the Rock and Roll Marathon
Okay, ‘WOW’ is all that we can say in regards to our athletes in the Rock and Roll Marathon this past weekend. We had three people run it and all of them posted awesome times. Check them out below.
- Laura Sumrow – Full marathon in 4 hours!! (she set her PR by 58 minutes!)
- Jacquelyn Molino – She did a ‘show and go’ half marathon, with a cold, in 1:44!
- Andy Bayon – Full marathon in 3:21 even with a hammy that acted up during the race.
Pretty impressive, right?
Pritz and I had an incredible time hanging out with everyone on Saturday, and if you were able to swing by then you saw the great turnout we had. The day was a blast, we had some active things going on, some leisurely events and gave away some great prizes.
- Andy Bayon – Free Membership for Life Grand Prize Winner
- Nick C. – Free Month of Unlimited Classes
- Billy Votava – Free Month of Unlimited Boot Camps
- Brandon Flora & Matt Nipper – $60 to Sneak Join, Cornhole Tournament Champs
- Matt McKee – IronMan Champ, Free Month of Classes
- Robbie Davis – IronMan Runner-up, 50% off 1st Month
- Becca – Obstacle Course Winner (female), Free Month of Classes
- Brandon Flora – Obstacle Course Winner (male), Free Month of Classes
- And a bunch of other people came away with gift cards to Trader Joe’s, Starbuck’s, Paddle Into Fitness, Sneak Joint and Rubicon Deli
Here are some of our favorite pictures from the event.
From the IronMan Challenge…
Fun & Games…
Head on over to our Facebook page to see the full album.
Thank you again to Sneak Joint, Rubicon Deli and Zico Coconut Water!
What’s the Deal With: Omega-3s?
Head on over to the Food Science board next time you are in class. Essentially, omega-3s and omega-6s serve to counter balance each other but you really need to watch your omega-6 intake. Omega-6s, most commonly found in grains and grain-fed meats promote inflammation by nature, so it’s important you are balancing them out with a healthy dose of omega-3s (most commonly found in seafood & fish oil).
June Referral Contest
Congrats again to Tyler Chernack on winning the May Referral Contest and snagging the $75 Visa Gift Card. We have a completely clean slate and everyone has a crack at the Grand Prize: a FREE 2-Hour Pontoon Boat Rental from the Mission Bay Sportcenter!
Last month the winner had two so don’t go thinking you need to be Mr. or Mrs. Popular to get the prize!