Episode 3 – Injuries: What Causes Them & How to Avoid Them
Today, we discuss what causes injuries in the gym and how to avoid them.
- JUMPING THE PROCESS.
- What is the anterior core and why it’s strength is non-negotiable.
- Why some of the smaller movements are the most important.
- Why if you’re in Level 1 Barbell Club and up, it’s increasingly important you isolate it.
- ACUTE INJURIES.
- Scenarios of “over-reaching”.
- Understanding progression of capacities. Strength –> Speed –> Strength + Speed
- CHRONIC INJURIES.
- How detrimental compensatory patterns develop.
- Repetition of movements. Why cherry picking certain lifts can hurt you.
- Why and how your job and daily activities like texting can tax the spine.
- Mobility. Yep, more mobility love and importance.
Holler at us with topic questions and feedback.
-The P360 Team