Hello, guys and gals! Hope you guys had a great weekend.
On a personal note, I could not be more excited to crush myself in a workout after one absurd weekend in New York City with my friends. So, if you had a rough weekend then we’re in this together and we’ll get through it today.
We have some exciting things going on in the gym that we’d like to share with you all, so here goes.
Facebook Photo Contest
You may have seen the mention of it in the Current Events section of the gym, but in case you’re not the type who pays attention to that stuff (you should), then here is how it’s going to work.
- What: Photo Contest on Facebook
- When: March 1 – March 15
- Why: Help us grow, earn discount on membership
- Prize: Pick either a limo night with you and your friends or 3 months free membership! (depending on how many people sign-up)
- What You Need To Do To Enter: email us with a P360 photo of yourself, or have us pick one for you, or come to the gym this Saturday and we’ll take one for you. Either way, it starts with an email that you’re in.
Here are how the details are going to work.
- Step 1: You enter the contest with an email to us.
- Step 2: We put the photo in our Facebook Album, “P360 Photo Contest”.
- Step 3: You encourage your friends to like, comment or share the picture. You get a point for each and at the end of the 2-week contest the picture with the most accumulated points is the winner! Every friend that interacts with the picture will be entered into a raffle where we will be giving away FIVE of the following.
* 2-Weeks Free Indoor Classes
* 2-Weeks Free Boot Camp
It’s that easy.
Regardless of whether or not you win, you will earn a discount off your next month for the amount of points you accumulate. So, it’s a way for us to promote the gym and you guys to earn an EASY discount on your training. You can add up 25 points with no effort and it’s a quick 25 bucks off your membership.
So let’s see those emails come in with participants!
(Note: we are finishing up processing the January Facebook Contest and will be in touch this week if you are to receive a discount.)
Member Shout Outs
Another great week of accomplishments too big to fit on a single board! We love seeing the first timers up there as it typically indicates getting past comfort level for the first time. Way to go, guys!
Dave Thomas Performance
You guys may have noticed some mentions online of a website I have started not too long ago. It’s something that I both do for fun and to help people, as I enjoy writing and coaching alike and would appreciate any help in spreading the word. My goal is three to five entries a week covering a wide range of topics that are driven by members and readers so please suggest any topics you are interested in learning more about.
It’s free and meant for both education and entertainment so please check it out if you haven’t already, and send to as many friends as you can!
March 31th Brewery Bus
Our next social event will be the very last Saturday in March as we’ll be taking a bus around San Diego’s finest breweries. It’s going to be midday so we can make it back for the NCAA Tournament and will undoubtedly be a not lame time.
We don’t have anything finalized, but here is what you can most likely expect.
- When: Saturday, March 31, 11 am – 5 pm
- Where: Ballast Point, Karl Strauss, Green Flash and Stone all on our planning list.
- What: 50 person bus
- Cost: ~$15 – $20
Once we have it finalized we’ll start a sign-up list and it is going to be first come first serve for the 50 but just wanted to give you guys the preemptive heads up.
What is P360?
We’ve recently updated our ‘What is Performance360?’ video and in case you’ve missed it you can check it out below!
We have been paying close attention to attendance in all of the specialty classes and it’s been great to see the interest level there in all of the options we currently have for you guys.
- Core Blast – Tue/Thur, 5 pm
- Yoga for Athletes – Thur, 6:15 pm
- Power Hour – 7 pm
Pritz and I have talked about adding a 5 pm option available every day, whether it’s always a core blast class, possibly a boot camp or maybe something else. We have kicked around the idea of having a constantly changing theme of each 5 pm day so that it could look something like this.
- Monday – sport-performance (plyometrics, etc)
- Tuesday – core blast
- Wednesday – boot camp style
- Thursday – core blast
- Friday – race training workout
Those are just examples but you get the idea. Something that provides constant variety and challenge that rotates on a daily basis.
What do you guys think?
So that’s it for this week. Get involved in that photo contest and let us know what we can do for you guys!