Performance360 is one of San Diego’s premier strength and conditioning facilities, open since 2011 and three times being selected as a finalist for Best Gym in San Diego. We have two locations in the Pacific Beach area, plus 2018 expansion looming.
We are a group training gym with an emphasis on strength, conditioning and athleticism and we are looking for someone who loves fitness, love teaching, and loves working with people.
Available Positions Open:
- Full Time Coach (~20 classes per week)
- Part-Time Coach (~10 classes per week)
The Ideal Candidate
We like our coaches to be the right combination of independent thinker and team player. We like them to take the job of coaching very seriously, but not themselves. If you find yourself actively interested in seminars, certifications, and continuing education, as well as hanging out and kicking it with rad people, you will probably make a great fit for our coaching culture.
Ideally, you’re the type of person who reads blogs, books, and listens to fitness podcasts.
You should be very passionate about coaching and a good communicator to your clients and athletes. You should have a level of confidence and proficiency in all of our core movements which are the: squat, deadlift, clean, jerk, snatch, kettlebell swing, push-up, and pull-up.
You should know the difference between a hinge and a squat, basics of aerobic and anaerobic, and have a solid understanding of movement, functional anatomy, and exercise progression.
You should expect to use a lot of barbells, but also regularly incorporate different implements like landmines, ropes, and sandbags.
You should be cool with not revolving your fitness coaching around a time score. We do some training for time, here. Not a ton.
You should expect to be an active participant and role model in our culture and community. We expect all coaches to make Performance360 their full-time training for their personal workouts, and you will be expected to participate. At the backbone of our success, is that coaching here is an immersive cultural experience.
Above all, you should absolutely love coaching and teaching. If coaching is just a job for you, you will likely not be a good fit. You should be excited to join something with purpose and vision, a growing gym that has established itself as a leader in the outstanding San Diego fitness community.
If this is you, we’d love to hear from you.
Performance360 Fully Certified Coach (FCC) Program
All new team members will partake in our comprehensive Fully Certified Coach (FCC) program, which includes:
- A complete understanding of our proprietary, 200+ page coaches textbook – Coaching technique and experience from our collective staff knowledge and experience in the formal CSCS program, OPEX, USA Weightlifting, Onnit Specialist Academies, International Powerlifting League, StrongFirst Kettlebell, StrongFit, Functional Movement Systems, National Strength and Conditioning Association, Nicole Zapoli Gymnastics, Precision Nutrition and more.
- Written and oral exam.
- Shadowing and training.
Please review this list before applying.
-For full-time, complete availability.
-For part-time, AM and midday availability.
-High skill level in the core movements.
-Willingness to make Performance360 your full-time training and gym for your personal workouts, and participation in class workouts.
-Passionate about learning and growing.
We do not subscribe to the mindset of paying coaches as little as possible. Compensation is competitive and progressive, and all coaches are eligible for our Monthly Bonus Program after six months and Profit Sharing Plan. Coaches receive a free Performance360 membership. For the right full-time candidate, this can be a salaried position with benefits.
Please contact Dave@Perform-360.com. With your email and resume, please include the following.
- Your desire for the full or part-time position.
- Tell us a little about yourself so that we can get to know you, including your philosophies on fitness.
- What stands out about you and why you’d make a good fit for Performance360?
- Please be very specific with your experience and proficiency in Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, and Kettlebells. (All three are a pre-requisite)
Thank you for your time, and good luck in your search.