MON: July Programming Prep
It’s Monday. It’s a new month. It’s programming prep day, baby!
Here’s everything that we have in store for you over the coming month.
- MONDAY: Varied
- TUESDAY: Pull-Ups
- WEDNESDAY: Front Squat
- THURSDAY: Varied
- FRIDAY: Jerks
Absolute Strength: Front Squat
Place the hands outside shoulders and elbows.
- Why? Elevates the chest and sets scaps in the proper spot resulting in a better bottom position.
“Elevator” knees move forward, hips stay more under the bar.
- Why? Keeps the bar path vertical and balanced over the midfoot, and the training stress on the quads.
- Watch for loss of tension in bottom position (lats and hips).
- Leading with the hips on concentric (standing up), bar shoots forward, elbows drop, back rounds = yucky.
“Aim with the shoulders.”
- Why? Enforces bar secured to the shoulders through the dip. If we focus on the shoulders, we don’t let them drop (translates to elbows)
Use the glutes to propel the bar.
- Why? All upper body power is derived first from the lower body.
“Punch and squeeze” when locking out overhead.
- Why? To create tension in lockout and a safer overhead position on the lumbar.
In July, we’ll be working on the following Personal Progress Benchmarks in the first and final week.
- Biathlon: 800m Row + 800m Run
- Strength Endurance 4: Max Push-Ups in 5 Minutes
This is the second time we will have performed the five minute push-up test, so you should have a baseline from which to operate!
Keep using the tracking app and logging those results, guys and gals.
First, for Structure.
10 Piston DB Bench
80m Unilateral Farmer Carry
Complete 1 set very 4’ for 16′
Then, for PPB.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.