In episode 42 of the Business of Lifting Weights Podcast we lay out the evolution of our churn % and what major events have caused both a reduction and an increase in our churn percentage. Churn % is the white elephant in the fitness industry that no one wants to talk about. Here are our numbers and what we’ve done to reduce monthly average churn from 6.80% to 3.50% now in 2019.
Topics, Resources & Show Notes:
- What secret the fitness industry is trying to hide
- Why we had high churn when we had our lowest prices
- Growing pains & why our numbers suffered while providing more to our members
- Why marketing 1-on-1 attention may be a negative aspect
- When the most effective coaches (owners) Dave & Bryan came off the schedule, churn reduced…..what explains this?
- Why a Foundations Program failed miserably and what successfully replaced it
- Why a focus on the coaching staff translated into a better experience and lower churn
- The effect of Structured Programming vs. Constantly Varied training
- What has had the most impact on the reduction of churn % over our 8 year history
|Avg. Monthly Churn %||6.80%||5.40%||4.20%||4.60%||5.40%||5.05%||4.93%||4.30%||3.50%|