Don’t Forget to Track Your Performance –>
Daily Challenge: “School Spirit”
Format: Workout for Goal + Finisher
Tier 1: Both Options 7 Rounds
OPTION #1: Strength Focus
3 Power Snatches or
5 Hang Snatches
Rest 2 – 3 minutes between sets. Aim for about 20 – 25 minutes for this tier.
OPTION #2: All Around
5 Hang or DB Snatch
10 KB Romanian Deadlift (VIDEO)
1000m Row (optional for time).
- Take some time between tier 1 and the finisher. Ideally, between 5 – 10 minutes if you are going for time.
- Make sure you do not rush the 7 rounds if you select the strength focus.
- Explosive, powerful, athletic speed.
- Jumping point is the hips.
- Big extension. Knees and hips snap fully locked, shoulders blades slightly behind the hips and the weight is jumped upward.
- Fast drop underneath the weight.
- Romanian Deadlift – This is meant to isolate the hamstrings. Perform the reps with knees just barely bent. Much more of a straight leg deadlift than the traditional or sumo version. Kettlebells should be gripped with palms facing the body and should track the shins of each leg.