Open Gym: 3 – 4 pm @ P360 Crown Point
Daily Challenge: “Prestige Worldwide”
Proficient: Hang or Power Snatch, 5 x 2
Beginner: Hang Snatch, 5 x 5
Proficient: Overhead Squats, 5 x 3
Beginner: Perform the option below for up to 20 minutes.
Snatches place an emphasis on speed and technique. Do NOT load up heavy weight and press the bar overhead. Be smooth, fast and above all, EXPLOSIVE!
- Grip: Wide enough so that the barbell sits at the crease of your hip. Internally rotate the elbows and tighten the lats.
- Descent: Drive the hips back and the barbell into the thigh on the way down to just above the kneecap.
- Pull & Extension: Keep the bar in tight and pull the bar up the body, elbows up.
- Drop: Fast under the bar! Do not muscle/press the bar up. Barbell should be received with elbows extended.
- All of the above, and.
- Set-Up: Sit low, chest forward. Elbows locked and lats tight.
- 1st Pull: Patience off the floor!
- 2nd Pull (just past the knee): Pick up speed and drive the bar off of the hips.
Fat Loss/Conditioning: 6 Rounds
5/s DB Snatch
10 KB RDL8 Chin Ups
500m run every other round (3 times total)
- DB Snatch: From the floor, think about jumping the dumbbell overhead. Keep the elbow locked for as long as possible.
- KB RDL: Just barely bend your knees. Keep the kettlebells in very close to your shins.
- Chin Ups: Narrow grip, palms facing you.