By Ashley Randall
I was so inspired by the food, the flavors and the fresh ingredients during my recent in Bali that I had to bring some of that back here to you guys for my next recipe. This simple yet flavorful, very easy dinner idea is going to be sure and satisfy, and the best part, keep your kitchen time short and sweet.
This dinner is packed with protein and good clean healthy fats that are essential to aid recovery in our training.
Sesame Ahi Tuna and Coconut Quinoa
- 7oz Ahi Tuna Steak (I get mine from Point Loma Seafoods. They are the best!)
- 1/4 cup Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette
- Coconut Quinoa
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Coconut Water
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1. Marinate Ahi in the Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette for about 15-20 minutes.
2. Boil coconut water, add quinoa and cook about 10-12 minutes.
3. While quinoa is cooking bring your pan up to a medium high heat and add coconut oil.
4. Sear Ahi on each side for 2-3 minutes (you want both sides to get a good color but the middle should still be very rare.)
5. Mix coconut flakes into quinoa at the very end.
6.Remove the Ahi and plate it with the quinoa.
Side suggestions can include Garlic Edamame or mashed avocado mixed with wasabi soy sauce. Total cook time on this one is no more than 15 minutes!
Ashley Randall is a trainer and nutrition coach at Performance360.