Note: We’re introducing a new segment called Ashley’s Primal Eats that features recipes from her kitchen and daily diet. Ashley knows a lot about nutrition, follows the latest trends closely and has a lot to share with everyone on ways to eat better with healthy, delicious meals.
Hi, guys! I’m really excited to be able to start sharing some of my recipes. A lot of you have asked me ways to eat better and what you can make that’s easy, cheap and tastes good so I’m looking forward to helping!
This is a great dish to make when you are craving all the flavors of pasta or Italian food. The flavors of the chicken and the pan roasted veggies are great and taste like a rich meal without all the carbs that weigh you down from flour-based pasta noodles. I know, I know. Pasta is the best part! But, I promise this is almost as good and is way better for that beach body!
It is also very filling from all of the veggies used since they tend to soak up all of the juices and not leave anything behind.
It’s quick, easy and makes great leftovers!
1 Egg plant
2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
2 Chicken Breasts
Salt, pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning rosemary to taste
Splash of red wine
How to Cook
- Liberally season the chicken with your favorite Italian spices.
- Pan cook chicken breast in coconut oil for roughly 5-6 minutes on each side. Let it sit in juices when finished and add additional seasoning as it cools.
- In a separate pan, or once the chicken has cooked, slightly sauté the zucchini and eggplant in coconut oil for a few minutes and remove from heat. Do not cook all the way at this point.
- Roast tomatoes in a pan on low heat with a few splashes of red wine.
- Throw veggies back in the pan with the tomatoes and wine cook till everything is heated through.
- Only once the chicken is cooled, slice it and add to the pan that now contains everything.
Some suggestions for alternative vegetables to mix it up are asparagus, green and yellow squash, bell peppers, Italian squash, and spinach.
Another great thing about this quick dish is that ANY protein source can be used. Temphe, grass-fed ground red meat, turkey meat.
Hope you guys like it and let me know how it goes! I’m excited to share more recipes with you guys so if you have any requests please let me know!
Ashley Randall has been a trainer and nutrition coach at Performance360 for the last six months. She is a graduate of San Diego State University and is a certified personal trainer. She has been helping others with training and diet for the last seven years and has competed in both women’s boxing and football leagues.
She coaches Daily Challenges and Outdoor Challenges Monday through Saturday and is available for nutrition advice both before and after class, as well via email at firstname.lastname@example.org