OK guys so this week I’ve got two MIND BLOWING treats coming your way! With the long week coming and BBQs all over the place these two quick ideas are great for everyday or to kick ass at a BBQ.
As you have all come to know by now I’m all about clean eating that still tastes amazing. Today, you are going to get just that!
First up, lets talk about a quick and easy way to make chicken breast. I hear from a lot of people that they tend to over cook their chicken for fear it wont be done, and your left with nasty dryness that no one wants to eat. So, here is a lil’ tip that works great and is almost fool proof.
Place the boneless, skinless chicken in a large skillet over high heat and cover with water. Bring to a boil, place a lid on the skillet and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 30 minutes and place on a cutting board, let it sit for at least 10 mins so the jucies stay in. Then get to shredding with a knife and fork.
Plus, it’s a great way to get the easy texture of shredded chicken.
Paleo Basil Avocado Chicken Salad
Prep time: 15 mins
Things your gonna need:
- 2 Boneless, skinless breasts (see above)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, no steams
- 1 Large avocado
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt (none of that shit table salt)
- pinch of ground black pepper
1. Put shredded chicken in a mixing bowl
2. In a food processor or blender add all the other yummy ingredients listed to form your basil mixture. If using a a blender you may have to do some scrapping to get it out. This can also just be done manually by mashing it in a bowl it just wont be quite as creamy, but the taste is still there.
3. Pour the basil mixture over the shredded chicken and toss to coat well. Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
4. Store in fridge if you have any leftovers!!!
Next up is a quick little appetizer you could make anytime!
Bacon Wrapped Avocado
Super simple and AMAZINGLY good!
Prep time 5 minutes
Serving: Depends on how much control you have, most likely 1
Things youll need:
This is a pretty simple recipe. It mostly depends on how many mouths you need to feed.
1. Slice avocado into wedges, like you would an apple.
2. Sprinkle with black pepper, and or red pepper flakes if you like some heat.
3. Cut strip of bacon in half and wrap around the avocado
4. Bake in the oven for about 25 mins @ 400 degrees. This will depend on how you like your bacon, I like mine on the crispier side
5. Let them cool….trust me this is important. Hot avocado doesn’t feel good on the roof of your mouth….CRUSH THEM!
So, there you have it, guys! Two awesome recipes to take to your Memorial Day BBQs are to eat anytime you want healthy and delicious.
Ashley Randall is a trainer and nutrition coach at Performance360. She is a graduate of San Diego State University, a certified personal trainer, and has competed in both women’s boxing and football leagues. She has been helping others with training and diet for the last seven years.
She coaches Daily Challenges and Outdoor Challenges Monday through Saturday and is available for nutrition advice both before and after class, as well via email at email@example.com