I have a really great lazy weekend breakfast option for you guys today that you will not be able to tell is actually grain and sugar free. Just be careful, you’re going to be sneaking little bites of it all day… if it makes it past breakfast.
Almond Flour Coffee Cake
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 3 Tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. In a medium bowl, mix together coconut oil, honey, yogurt, and eggs until a thick consistency is produced.
2. Stir in almond flour, baking soda, salt, chopped nuts.
3. Spread batter into a buttered/oiled (Coconut oil spray) 8×8 inch baking pan.
4. In a small bowl, mix together all of the topping ingredients.
5. Spread topping over batter.
6. Bake at 315 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes.
Ashley Randall is a trainer and nutrition coach at Performance360. She is a graduate of San Diego State University, a certified personal trainer, and has competed in both women’s boxing and football leagues. She has been helping others with training and diet for the last seven years.
She coaches Daily Challenges and Outdoor Challenges Monday through Saturday and is available for nutrition advice both before and after class, as well via email at firstname.lastname@example.org