#25: Jessica Estrada – Inside the Gym
This week on The Business of Lifting Weights, we sit down with Jessica Estrada, two-time CrossFit Games Athlete and owner of CrossFit Jääkarhu in Austin, TX to discuss their exploding growth and business operations.
- Jessica’s background and how she got started as a CrossFit athlete and gym owner.
- When and how she made the transition from athlete to business owner.
- What separates CrossFit Jääkarhu from other gyms and how that is translated through their DNA.
- What their process is for new trials coming into the gym.
- How community fits into the gym.
- All about programming with 3 different programs in a large facility.
- Continuing education and it’s importance in relation to staff and owners.
- What mistakes she made and what she would do differently if she had to do it all over again.
- Final Four:
- “Keep Austin Weird”…what’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever done in Austin?
- If you could buy a drink for anyone in history, past or present, who would it be and what would you guys drink?
- What’s one thing that drives you absolutely crazy as gym owner?
- What’s an embarrassing story that happened to you recently or from your childhood?
10. Lastly, what are your final parting words to gym owners that they can take away from this show and make their business better?
If you’d like to be notified by email when we publish new podcast episodes, Subscribe by Email.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.