Pancakes are without a doubt one of my favorite foods and I’m always looking for ways to make cleaner, healthier versions. This is a great recipe that I use to satisfy the cravings of pancakes while still staying on track with my own body composition goals.
For those of you who struggle waking up early enough to make breakfast, these are perfect to make in bulk and put in the fridge too. They heat up great which makes them perfect for on the go mornings or anytime you just want a little snack.
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 4 Eggs, Pastured
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend all ingredients with a hand mixer, or use a blender just put flour in last so it doesn’t clump.
- Heat pan to medium-high heat.
- Drop batter into center of a well coconut oiled pan, batter no more then 1/2 thick
- This paleo batter wont expand like a ‘normal’ pancake
- Make sure edges lift up but let it sit for about 2-3 minutes.
- Once cooked on both sides add desired topping like strawberries, bananas, agave, Greek yogurt and fruit like a crepe, or even 100% real maple syrup (not the processed crap). I use Blondie’s Almond Butter 🙂
Let me know how it goes and what you used for toppings!
Ashley Randall is a trainer and nutrition coach at Performance360. She is a graduate of San Diego State University, a certified personal trainer, and has competed in both women’s boxing and football leagues. She has been helping others with training and diet for the last seven years.
She coaches Daily Challenges and Outdoor Challenges Monday through Saturday and is available for nutrition advice both before and after class, as well via email at email@example.com